Computer Science Department
Computer Science Department
The Computer Science department has opened its gate towards students since Fall 2016.
The Academic Year began with the start of the academic Fall semester 2018.
Mission of Computer Science Department
The Department of Computer Science provides a friendly environment and supports the students to achieve a greatest result.
The Department’s aspiration is to work together with students and enhance their learning experience through establishing the student-centred approach by providing high-quality of teaching and outstanding computer labs with all the required up to date software.
The Department’s goal is to let students learn and practice all the computer science related subjects by their own to enhance their skills and achieve their goals beyond the degree.
Vision of Computer Science Department
Our taught Undergraduate degree program is designed to answer this market need. Our aim is to provide teaching, learning, developing in the fields of computer science and information systems within a friendly and informal environment. Our professional academic staff are academically and practically well experienced in teaching the concepts of the main aspects of computer science. They work very hard to reflect the new technologies and updates across all taught courses.
We contribute to produce quality human resource in the computer science and information technology and related areas for sustainable development of the country’s IT industry needs.
- Quality: Our graduates will engage in the productive practice of computer engineering to identify and solve significant problems across a broad range of application areas by using their skills and knowledge of Computer Science to reflect depth of understanding in their sophistication.
- Leadership: Our graduates will engage in successful careers in industry, academia, and public service, providing technical leadership for their business, profession and community by thinking strategically in their planning and execution.
- Economic Impact: Our graduates will enhance the economic well-being of Kurdistan region and entire Iraq through a combination of technical expertise, leadership and entrepreneurship.
- Lifelong Learning: Our graduates will adapt to new technologies, tools and methodologies to remain at the leading edge of computer science practice with the ability to respond to the challenges of environment and technical changes.
Graduates of the computer science program will have an ability to:
- Analyse a complex computing problem and to apply principles of computing and other relevant disciplines to identify solutions.
- Design, implement, and evaluate a computing-based solution to meet a given set of computing requirements in the context of the program’s discipline.
- Communicate effectively in a variety of professional contexts.
- Recognise professional responsibilities and make informed judgments in computing practice based on legal and ethical principles.
- Function effectively as a member or leader of a team engaged in activities appropriate to the program’s discipline.